Next Thursday, November 28th, people across the United States will celebrate Thanksgiving. (To learn more about Thanksgiving, listen to podcast #10.)
One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is PUMPKIN PIE. It is the most commonly made dessert and many people love it. I like to have it with fresh whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream. It is a treat that I look forward to all year.
Watch and listen to the video, then see if you can answer the questions below. Listen to it over and over again, until you understand it. Remember, repetition is key!
You can post your answers in the comments section below.
What does he say?
Fill in the blanks with the exact words that he says.
1. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year because it’s the __________.
2. No Thanksgiving would be complete, __________ without pumpkin pie.
3. They turn out __________ of these little treats every Thanksgiving.
4. …and maybe have a taste test __________.
5. Pumpkin pie that we all know and love today is a __________.
6. What gives your pumpkin pie those subtle differences is the __________ that you use.
7. I was not expecting __________.
8. We got the fresh-made __________, we got the fresh-made __________.
9. Now it’s time to __________.
10. Part of being a baker is also being a __________.
Want to bake your own pie?