Speaking English fluently is more important now than ever!
That is a pretty bold statement, but if you have found this website, and you can understand most of what I am saying here, you probably already realize that understanding English is absolutely essential for professional and financial success these days.
Learning to speak, read and write English fluently will expand your life choices immensely and lead to greater opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If you aren’t convinced, just check out the 7 Important Reasons to Learn English below.
Are you ready to be fluent in English?
Great! I am here to help.
Through the English Fluency Now website, I am dedicated to helping YOU improve your English.
Where to Begin?
1. Sign up for my FREE email course entitled “7 Strategies for English Fluency”. It is free, without any additional obligations. (Put your name and email address in the sign-up form on the right side of this page and click the Sign Up button). You will begin receiving the emails immediately.
2. Listen to the FREE Podcasts. The podcast covers topics related to everyday life, business, travel, American culture, and more. They are available on this website or you can subscribe in iTunes. Each podcast is about 10 to 15 minutes of high-quality English listening material. Feel free to use for your students and recommend to your friends. Good reviews are also appreciated!
3. Get the Podcast Lesson Guides: To use the podcast to improve your listening comprehension and writing skills, you can purchase a Lesson Guide for each podcast. They cost only $1.00 each and include the entire transcript, as well as vocabulary definitions, questions about the podcast, and writing prompts. This is especially useful if you are preparing for an English proficiency exam. To watch a video about how to use a Lesson Guide, click here.
4. Learn to speak fluently with the Success with Stories program: If you are committed to becoming an excellent English speaker, then the Success with Stories audio program is for you. This program uses the proven TPRS method for acquiring a second language and becoming a fluent speaker. In this program, you get over 18 hours of audio lessons and over 400 pages of PDFs.
5. Work with me one-on-one: I work with clients throughout the world to help them work specifically on the areas of English that they wish to improve. Most of my students are interested in becoming good at conversing in English on a wide range of topics, so that they can speak easily and with confidence to colleagues, friends and others while on the job and in their travels. Learn more about my rates on the COACHING page.
6. Participate on the Facebook page: Throughout most days, I post interesting content to the English Fluency Now Facebook page. Here you can interact with me personally and with members of the English Fluency Now community, to practice your English and learn new words and phrases. NOTE: To see these posts, click LIKE and then choose GET NOTIFICATIONS.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Please leave a comment below!
~ Lisa Biskup
7 Important Reasons to Learn English
- Communicate with people throughout the world.
- Learn more about anything you want via the Internet and elsewhere.
- Make more money and expand your career possibilities.
- Enjoy excellent entertainment in its original form.
- Enjoy a wide variety of internet content and video games.
- Travel to English-speaking countries and communicate easily and with confidence.
- Have fun!
Communicate with people around the world.
English is one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
English is the first language learned by over 375 million native speakers, another 375 million people have learned English as their second language, and estimates are that about 750 million people are learning English. That’s a LOT of people! (source)
English is often the common language between two people from different countries. Learning English fluently will allow you to communicate with people throughout the world, whether you are in an English-speaking country or another foreign country where English is the language you have in common with another human being.
Learn more about anything you want.
What are you interested in learning more about? Arts and crafts? Science? Sports? Business? Investing? Health? Relationships? Nature?
- Books — Books on every subject are written in English around the world. You can read books by American, Canadian, Australian or British authors, and books translated from other languages into English. Whatever you are interested in, you can read about it in English.
- Press — English-language magazines and newspapers can be purchased in every part of the world. Wherever you are, you will have easy access to world news.
- Science — English is the primary language used in academic and popular science. Most scientific research articles are written in English, even when the writer is not a native English speaker.
- Television — Watch international television networks on TV (or the internet), such as Democracy Now, CNN International and LinkTV. They present international news quickly and more professionally than smaller networks.
- Technology — Whether it’s Microsoft, Apple or the hundreds of thousands of independent hardware and software developers, English is the language used in the world of technology.
Make more money and expand your career possibilities.
Today, people throughout the business world use English to communicate with each other and to sell their products to a wider audience. By becoming fluent in English, you will:
- Be qualified to work in English-speaking countries.
- Increase your chances of being hired by international corporations that have offices throughout the world.
- Be able to successfully conduct business in English-speaking countries or online with English-speaking clients.
- Be able to create products in English to increase your potential customer base and make more money!
- Possibly earn more money and go farther in your chosen career.
Enjoy excellent entertainment in its original form.
Movies - Each year hundreds of the most popular movies are created in Hollywood and distributed throughout the world. By learning English, you will be able to enjoy these movies in their original form, without reading subtitles.
Theater – How would you like to understand a Shakespeare play? Throughout the world, theater groups create outstanding live performances – both modern and classic – in English. Even when you are traveling in a non-English-speaking country, there are opportunities to see live plays in English.
Music – Most of the most widely played music throughout the world is in English. English-speaking people create music of all kinds: pop, country, jazz, bluegrass, folk, rock-n-roll, rap, hip-hop, alternative music, and more. By learning English, you will be able to understand the lyrics to any type of song that is in English, no matter the genre.
Comedy - Some of the funniest standup comedians speak English and some of the funniest movies are in English. Many of these comedians tour the world, performing in clubs in most of the major international cities. By learning English, you will be able to understand their jokes and enjoy the show.
Enjoy a wide variety of internet content and video games.
Internet Content – With billions of pages, the Web is by far the most important learning tool in our modern times. You can learn about practically anything on the internet. You can read online content, watch videos, listen to audio files, watch TV episodes and movies, and connect with people throughout the world.
English is used more than any other language on the internet. By learning English, you will be able to understand and enjoy a large variety of content on the internet as it is written, without translating it into your mother tongue.
Video Games - Some of the most popular video games are written in English. By learning English, you will be able to enjoy playing online games such as World of Warcraft as well as popular console games such as Halo Reach, Black Ops, Battlefield, Mario World, and more. Many people find that playing adventure video games in English is an enjoyable way to practice and improve English reading and writing skills.
Travel to English-speaking countries and communicate easily and with confidence.
The United States is a popular destination for business and pleasure. New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New Orleans, the Grand Canyon and Aspen are all popular destinations. If you speak English fluently (or nearly fluently), you will be able to easily communicate with Americans, whether you are here for business or for pleasure. Unfortunately, many Americans only speak English, so learning English fluently is going to allow you to confidently experience the American people, the culture, and the natural places in a comfortable way. Speaking English will make it easy to make new friends, too!
Of course, Canada, Ireland, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand are also popular English-speaking destinations with wonderful cultures and natural places to enjoy. While the accents will be different in all of these countries, by speaking English fluently, you will be able to communicate confidently with people from all of these countries. Of course, there are many other countries whose official language is English as well, and so even in those countries you will have an advantage, especially for doing business. (For a list of countries where English is spoken, click here.)
English is also the second language learned by people throughout the world, so you can be confident that if/when you do travel to a foreign country, whether it is in Africa, Asia or South America, English will be a common language which you can use to speak to millions of more people around the world.
Learning English is fun! English is not a difficult language to learn; you can make quick progress. There are no special symbols to remember, such as é or å. There’s no confusion about articles, such as la or el or le or der, die, das. It’s just THE!
Verb conjugation is pretty simple.
Most English words are pretty short. Lots of 2-, 3- and 4-letter words. This word, which has 28 characters, is NOT typical: antidisestablishmentarianism – the movement or ideology that opposes disestablishment.
English is everywhere! Whether you are listening to a music program in your own country, watching videos on the internet, traveling, studying at the university or playing online video games, you will likely hear or see English.
As you begin to understand more and more English words and phrases, you will have more and more fun!
Your Next Step
If you want to learn more about how you can become fluent in English quickly and easily, please sign up for my FREE email course, The 7 Strategies for English Fluency.
Put your name and email in the boxes on the right side of this page, and click on the SIGN UP button. Your privacy is my number one concern. I will not share or sell your name and email to anybody, ever. I promise!